- 3-blade propeller offers top speed
- 4-blade propeller provides maximum thrust and smooth cruising operation
- Diameter of a propeller refers to distance across the circle encompassing the blades
- Pitch is the distance the propeller will move through the water per revolution
- Right-hand propellers are used for single engines
- Left-hand propellers are used for twin engines
- Cupped blades is a technique employed to enhance performance of propellers
- Rake is a special design feature. Positive rake benefits from normal bow lift to permit the use of a larger diameter propeller, while negative rake can provide extra blade strength for use in very high speed applications.